It began as a childhood memory, rice and ground beef in the skillet. I believed it had a few colors in it along with some mushrooms. My mother had no recollection of this concoction that she once created. So over the years it was trial and error, trying new things, searching, and wondering if what I ate or what I saw was the missing dinner that I longed to eat. I have finally perfected this mystery meal and ready to share it with you all.
What You Will Need:
- I lb ground beef
- 1 box Zatarain’s Dirty Rice Mix
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 1/2 cups Hot Water
- I can pieces & stems Mushrooms (small)
- 1 can French Style Green Beans
What You Will Need To Do:
- Brown ground beef in a skillet.
- Slice Mushrooms into small pieces.
- Drain fat from skillet and return ground beef.
- Add Zatarain’s Dirty Rice Mix, 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil, 2 1/2 cups Hot Water, and sliced Mushrooms to the skillet.
- Stir until well blended.
- Bring to a boil on High Heat..
- Turn temperature to Low, cover with lid, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 can of French Style Green Beans to the top of the Rice Mix (do not stir).
- Continue simmer for 5 minutes, covered.
- Without removing the cover, remove the skillet from heat for five minutes.
- Stir and fluff with fork.
Simple & Scrumptious!
Have you eaten something like it? I think it was a frozen meal at one time; however, I cannot find it anywhere. Until next time – a latte of blessings & sparkles,