The Jeanie Jo & Joanna Project 🌻 Recipe 89 of 312. Cooking through Magnolia Table Cookbook Vol 1 & 2.
Requested for this years birthday! We give it a five 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
We served this up with high winds at a park with no real shelter on my daughters birthday. She was insistent on having this party, at this park, on this day… and she’s a teenager now so how do you argue with that?
Does it look pretty, no! But it tastes amazing.
I really had to let go of perfection this afternoon but my daughter is happy and that’s all that matters in the world right now.
What You Will Need
- Butter for the pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk at room temperature
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus more for sprinkling
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Sliced fresh strawberries whipped cream (see recipe here), and mint leaves, for serving (optional)
What You Will Need to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with butter.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy and the color is lightened, 6 to 7 minutes. Slowly add 2 teaspoons of the vanilla and mix until just combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add half of the flour mixture, then the milk, finishing with the remaining flour mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 23 to 28 minutes. Let the cake cool completely, approximately 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, whisk together the cream, evaporated milk, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until completely combined and smooth. Set aside for 5 to 8 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Whisk the sweetened condensed milk and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla into the cream mixture.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the top of the cooled cake. Pour the cream mixture over the cake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Slice and sprinkle each serving with cinnamon. Serve with sliced strawberries, whipped cream, and fresh mint leaves, if desired.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
a latte of giggles & sparkles until next time,