The purpose of the Introduction Unit for 6th Grade World Geography is threefold.
- Answer the questions What is Social Studies?
- Who is Mrs. Cullip? and Who Am I?
- Syllabus, Expectations, Routines & Literature Circles
Students at the end of this Unit will understand what we will we be learning in the class and how we will acquire the knowledge; as well as, who are the people that make up their class and how they are relevant to what we will be studying.
- Class Introductions
- Class Expectations & Routines
- What is it to be Kind, Respectful, Diligent & Safe? What do these look like in the classroom? (Completed as a Literature Circle)
- Expectation Lesson Check