As the weather warms up, I seek out light meals full of protein and nutritious fresh veggies to delight our tastebuds. As I continue to crave garlic and lemon, I decided to try out a creation of my own. This Creamy Herb BLT Pasta Salad is a combination of a new recipe, classic sandwich, with a creamy twist.
What You Will Need:
- half container of grape tomatoes
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 Green Onions
Items on Hand
- half of lemon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Box of BowTie (or similar) Pasta
- Package Bacon Bits
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
What You Will Need To Do:
- Boil water and follow directions on box of BowTie Pasta. Drain and set aside.
- While waiting for pasta to be complete: finely chop package of bacon bits, cut in half the half container of grape tomatoes, and cut the 6 pieces of romaine lettuce in bite size pieces.
3. Now that your protein and fresh veggies are cut, it is time to prepare the creamy herb dressing. Start by placing your mayonnaise into a medium sized bowl (Classic Batter Bowl pictured above). I find that it is easier to measure the mayo by tablespoons rather than fill up a measuring cup only to have to place in your bowl. If you heat up your measuring spoon under hot water it slides right off. There are 16 tbsp in one cup.
4. Squeeze half of a lemon into bowl with mayo.
5. Cut 2 green onions into small bite size pieces using a manual food processor or even a food chopper and place them into bowl.
6. Press 1 clove of garlic into mixture.
7. Add 1 tbsp parsley, 1 tbsp dill, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp white pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt and stir until ingredients are well mixed together.
8. Place cooked pasta, chopped protein & veggies, and creamy herb dressing into a serving bowl.
9. Serve warm or chilled. You may store Creamy Herb BLT Pasta Salad for about 3 days in a covered container in the fridge.
Simple & Scrumptious!
What are your favorite pasta salads for the summer? Please share in the comments below. I will be posting a recipe here each week!
Until next time – a latte of sparkles & giggles,
Please note, I am an Independent Consultant for Pampered Chef. Product links are directed to my personal Pampered Chef website and if items are purchased I will be compensated for these items.